Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wow!

I was overwhelmed last night. Kyle went through the mail and we received several get well cards and a special envelope from a Bible class at Unity Christian high school. To say that receiving notes of encouragement from a group of teenagers was moving is a huge understatement. Wow! We were both moved to tears and overwhelmed that even a group of teens have been praying for us. To the Bible class at Unity--thank you so much! It is humbling to know that you have been praying for us and so uplifting to see your faith in action.

Today I also received a bunch of stunning roses and a cheerful balloon bouquet from Kyle's family. What a lift again. God has been so good to us through this journey through our families and friends.

I am very tired today but if you talked to me I think you would notice right away that I am sounding better. There is such a huge difference for me between pain and a headache. Although I am feeling much more clear-headed, it will probably take a while to get my whole brain back. :) The doctor thought it would take a few weeks before my brain had settled in and adjusted to the changes again.

We so appreciate your prayers and words of encouragement. What a gift we have been given through all of you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Wow is right! I am also touched on your behalf on all the prayers lifted and people asking about you on a daily basis. However, it does not surprise me! You have touched a lot of lives, personally and professionally. Please let us know if there is any need you have that we can help you with. I am glad you are back home and headache-free! PTL!
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Amazing what simple prayers and a little package can hold so much love and comfort. Please let Joyce and I know what we can for you. Outside of the office. Nice weather will come and the kids can be outside again. Sun shiny days brings smiles to people faces. We are so happy you are back!

Michele