Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday

I went to part of our church talent show last night. It was so nice to get out and see a few people, even though I wasn't able to stay till the end and visit. :)

The nausea is very well under control--I can't say it is gone but much better. I am so thankful to be feeling better! The challenges for now? I still have pain in the incision sites. The top of my head and left side including the top half of my ear are still numb but the area in the back that is losing the numbness is pretty tender--so numb may be a blessing. My mom says the left side of my head looks green from the bruising. It is still a little swelled so the tube that you can normally see right under my skin is still not very visible.

I am having a lot of pain now and then in my lower abdomen again. That hadn't gone away before but was getting better and now it seems to be much stronger and much more frequent again. I am still having the ringing in my ears but there are times that it becomes pretty quiet and times that it seems to get louder. The ringing is probably the most concerning issue to me even though it is not a big deal if that is all I have to deal with. It typically hasn't been a good sign in the past.

Finally, another concerning thing that has been going on since my previous surgery in February is that I can get deep throbbing pains in the right side of my head. It feels like the tube on that side is almost too deep and is hitting something sometimes. Medically it doesn't make a lot of sense, I think, but it is there sometimes and can be very painful. I had hoped the doctor could adjust that a little bit but it would require opening all that up again on the right side. He also really wanted to not touch the right side at all so that we knew exactly what the left side shunt would be doing. So I continue to hope that it will resolve itself.

So I have a laundry list of concerns. We are working very hard at not focusing on those, though, and just appreciating and enjoying the good days we are having. Each good day is such a blessing!

No comments: