Thursday, March 19, 2009

Released!

This is Cindy writing again. Dr Heffez unexpectedly left town last night for a few days and told me that if I felt ready to leave the hospital I could today--so I did. We are staying in the hotel near the hospital tonight and we will see how tomorrow is. I don't have a headache! Yahoo!! I a feeling pretty weak, though, but that will get better.

I have a few incisions--a new one on my left abdomen below the rib, the normal "fishhook" incision on the left side of my head right at the hair line (I think--I am totally bald there), a couple stitches above my ear and a rather painful small incision in my neck a little below my left earlobe. About 1/3 of my hair is gone again, so now we have to decide what to do with it.

I am feeling better then I have for a while, which isn't saying a whole lot, but better then having a headache. Incredibly weak, but that will come. Depending on how I am doing, we may start heading for home tomorrow. Will write more tomorrow.

3 comments:

Mary and Lyle said...

Cindy,

So good to hear from you again. You sounded upbeat in your post. That is awesome. I am so grateful to the Lord that you do not have a headache!! I am praying for your strength to return day by day. I am thankful for two pretty good days in a row for you.

Mary

Anonymous said...

Praise God for relief. Praying He will continue to bring healing and strength.

Through Him

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Glad to hear you do not have a headache! Taking one day at a time to regain your strength is all you can do. Maybe having an appetite will help. I know when I have a headache, I usually am not very hungry. Praying for your strength to return...
Joyce