Thursday, March 26, 2009

Less metal in my body :)

I had all the staples--about 25 of them--and stitches removed today. Everything seems to be healing pretty well. I have sterie (no idea how to spell!) strips on my stomach incision now, just to be on the safe side. The incision is about the length of my little finger. Riley will be especially thankful that the staples are gone. They really bother him.

I am still headache free and extraordinarily weak. It is hard to know the balance of resting and trying to build strength, but the majority of the time I am doing the first yet. It is so wonderful to be headache free. I have to admit that I am more fearful of a recurrence, though. My history hasn't been so great. Most of the time I concentrate on being thankful for being headache free and am trying to appreciate these moments and days. I am so praying that it lasts forever, or at least many years. I think I mentioned before that the doctor felt that if I can get 6 months without problems that he feels that I should be ok indefinitely. Indefinitely sure sounds good!

I am reading a book about the sovereignty of God and trusting Him. I am happy to say that I am not to tired to read now. :) I will write about that more later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news so far, Cindy! We're praying for strength and recovery for you. Glad to have you "back in town".
Lyle

Anonymous said...

Great to hear you are headache free! I will continue to pray for strength. Baby steps... Happy to hear that you can enjoy reading again. your body has been through more than an average persons body goes through in a life time. It will just take some time for healing and recovery! Well worth it to be pain free! God Bless
michele

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
I'm so happy for you! Hoping these next 6 months go headache-free for you and then your fears will subside as well. Praying for your strength to return.
Take care~
Joyce