Sunday, March 22, 2009

Staying

We have decided to stay in Milwaukee until Tuesday and see the doctor (he's in surgery Mondays). There isn't anything alarmingly wrong. However, I am continuing to fight nausea, especially if I stay up for more then about 2 hours. The ringing in my ears has resumed, which often has been a bad sign for me that the pressure is inching up. Most likely he will tell me that everything looks ok. I called the neuro floor of the hospital to ask a few questions to help decide if we should leave or not. They aren't surprised by the nausea and i guess I'm not either. There isn't a lot he can do again without surgery but we decided that having him look things over and reviewing everything probably isn't a bad idea. It also give me a couple more days to prepare for the trip back. Even though I really am not feeling well I don't have a headache--which is wonderful.

Each surgery seems to be more difficult to recover from and this has definitely not been an exception. I wake up in a great deal of pain and then it is up and down throughout the day. The top and left side of my scalp is mostly numb and half of my ear is numb, too. Thankfully Kyle helps me with washing my hair. I'm not supposed to get the staples wet and I can't feel what I am doing with my head. The incision in my stomach is horizontal and right at the waistline of my jeans and sweatpants. I keep them rolled down, but it is fairly sensitive. My head is the biggest problem, though. Too bad there isn't such a thing as a head transplant--I would love that! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy & Kyle,
Since we don't have a computer at home, we decided to walk to the shop so we could look at your blog, even though we did just talk to you! We are glad you are staying, even though I know it gets lonely up there. It will just give you a couple more days to build up a little more strength for that 8 hour drive home. We do miss you and will be here for you when you do get back.
You actually do look better now than before you left. I can see in your face that you're not in the extreme pain you were before.
Many people are praying for BOTH of you, and God will keep you in His hand and take care of you.
We love you so much!!
mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy,
Mom said you had pictures, so I wanted to get on here and take a look. I have to agree with mom, you look great to me. I think you are beautiful. I just want to let you know how much I love you, and how proud of you I am. You are truly the strongest woman I have ever met, and I am so proud that God allowed you to be my sister.
I miss you and can't wait to see you. But I am soooo glad that you decided to stay in Milwaukee, you need to get better, and all this traveling back in forth is getting to be too much. Stay there until you know things are ok.
God bless you and Kyle,
Karleen

Mary and Lyle said...

Hey Cindy and Kyle,

So neat to see what your Mom and Dad and Karleen wrote. It's so awesome to have so much support! The flowers they sent are SO pretty too. Know that all your friends back in NW Iowa are praying for you. I think it is very wise that you are staying until Tuesday. I think it is a very good idea to have the Dr. look you over again before you come home. Hopefully by Tuesday more of your strength will have returned. I'm so thankful for the fact that you don't have a headache...even though you are dealing with a lot of pain. One question: I'm not sure I understand why you needed the incision in your stomach. Could you explain that once again. Is that because of the tubing of the new shunt? Take care. We love you.

Mary and Lyle