Friday, March 13, 2009

Surgery time changed

My doctor's office called to let me know that my surgery now is at 7:30 Monday morning.

Kylie's birthday is tomorrow. Since the kids will be going to their grandparents and aunt's house tomorrow evening to stay during my surgery, Kyle took the kids out for supper tonight to celebrate. We leave early Sunday morning since I tend to be a little better in the mornings and I wake up pretty early.

My headache continues to intensify. I broke down a couple days ago and started taking pain meds occasionally. It doesn't really help the headache but it seems to help me deal with the pain a little better.

I am blessed to have a distant relative that is a neurosurgeon and another that is a medical researcher. Both have confirmed that the treatments that I have had and are doing are the only known treatments. As one stated, my brain is really too big for my head, which is the chiari malformation, and that creates too much pressure on the back of my brain which hinders the flow of spinal fluid--thus the pseudotumor cerebri. The primary treatment for both diseases is surgery, which I have done and am doing again. I am really praying that I will be able to resume a partially normal life after this surgery.

The blessings that I have received from this disease is much support from my family, church family and friends. I have also found that my faith has grown and I have taken much more time to study God's Word. This hasn't been easy, but God has been faithful.

Renae, my sister, came today and went through all of the kids clothes--which I haven't done well for quite a while. She is doing the shopping for the kids again, which is such a blessing. She has been doing that for me for a couple years now most of the time. I miss doing these things, but am so thankful that she is taking care of it.

No comments: