Sunday, March 15, 2009

We're here

We made it to Milwaukee this afternoon and the trip went pretty well considering. I did get pain meds (shots) at the hospital this morning at about 5:45 before leaving which helped.

Tomorrow is the surgery and I am ready. The first 24 hours is always the hardest because the pain is the highest and I have problems with being confused and disoriented. It isn't going to be an easy day, and one that I would gladly skip if I could. But the headaches are strong and I really can't live the way that I am. I'm not all that strong physically or mentally right now.

I think the last month or two have been the toughest in this nearly 3 year journey. It has been a time of realization that this very well may be the way I will be living. With that comes the giving up of dreams that you don't even realize that you have--attending kids events, taking family vacations, and just living a normal life. I am praying that the Lord will answer our prayers, and those of many others, to heal me and allow this surgery to be successful and I fully know that He can do that but I also understand that He may say no. That is the tough part.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying, praying, praying for relief. Through Him.

The Bounds Family said...

I am praying for you. You might remember my husband that has exactly what you do. He has finally found some relief. I pray the same for you.
God will get you through this trial.

Meyers said...

Cindy:
We're praying for you and hope your surgery goes well.
With love,
Uncle John and Aunt Mary

lace1070 said...

Keeping u in my prayers ~ hoping for relief and the return of your strength and sanity. Hugs ~ Lace

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
It is now 9:30. Not sure if your surgery is over or not, but first thing this morning, prayers were lifted up for you.
God Bless~
Joyce