Saturday, March 21, 2009

Another day. .

Today has been a little bit better. I am still laying down quite a bit of the time but trying to walk around the hotel room regularly and around the hotel (with my head covered!) a couple times a day. Kyle moved us from a small, inexpensive room after the first night where he (and my mom) always stays while I am in the hospital to a hotel across the parking lot that is much roomier. It has a small sitting room with tv so the computer is in here along with a tv and that is where he hangs out a lot of the time. It is so nice! I really miss being home, though. We will see how I am doing tomorrow--we have been just going day to day.

I am continuing to struggle some with nausea. When I lay down for a while it usually subsides which is often a sign of low pressure. However, with my history I really don't think I want to have the shunt adjusted so that the pressure goes up a bit. It may just settle down as my body adjusts to all this but is a little concerning to me. But it may just be my body adjusting to everything that has happened. It seems that nausea is more common when the brain is messed with so maybe it will gradually subside.

Yesterday was a tough day and I was pretty blue. Today has been a little better.

Thank you so much for your prayers and encouragement. I so appreciate it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy & Lyle-
So sorry to read of your slower recovery - however, it sounds more like a brain surgery recovery than the last ones!... those seems too speedy! Thanks for being so faithful in updating your blog. We certainly do keep you BOTH in prayer! Millie and Cam

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the typo-- I did mean Kyle! Hoping you are having a good night. Millie

Anonymous said...

Hi Kyle Cindy We just want to write to tell you we love you both. We would love too have you home. We miss that coffee in the morning and having that time to chat. We would rather see you stay there until you can again see the Dr. and you can build up your strenght for the trip home. We hold our prayers for the Lord to keep you and bless you and his healing hand be upon you. Love Mom and Dad