Friday, March 20, 2009

a little more. .


I took a couple pictures on the computer. My dad wanted to see how I looked and thought that someday when I am running and feeling good :) that it would be good to look back at where I've been.

I ran out of steam last time I wrote so Kyle finished for me. I had a very relaxing day, dozing quietly for about 4 hours. That has improved things for me. Nausea has been a problem on and off and today has not been an exception. My guess is that it is taking a little time for my brain to adjust to the new invasion.

The "explosion" a few days ago was the worst thing that I have ever had. To say that the pain was bad is a huge understatement. The pain chart asks for the worst pain you can imagine but this was beyond what I could imagine. We (Kyle and I) concluded at the time that this was the end for me. I am ok with that--there are many things worse then death--and I know that heaven will be a glorious place. But the Lord must have more plans for me because here I am. At this point the most fearful thing for both of us is a recurrence. The doctor said I had a bowel obstruction and that my stomach must have really hurt, but in all honesty I don't remember my stomach hurting at all. He thinks that the shunts both probably stopped working because the pressure in my stomach was great. I don't know if that completely explains why it was so bad, but then only the Lord really knows the answers to those questions--we humans just guess the best we can. If it happens again I hope the Lord takes me quickly because I don't think I can do that again. . .

My parents and sisters surprised me today with a beautiful bouquet of spring flowers delivered to our room. What a pick me up. I am really too tired to read much (for those that know me know that is a shocker!) or watch tv so I have the flowers sitting right next to my bed and I can just look at them. What a blessing.

One last thing before I lay down. Thank you so much for your comments and emails! I would guess we check the blog & email at least 10 times a day and each email/comment--even one short sentence--is a pick me up and blessing. Thank you! I am really not answering right now--I just don't have the energy or mental capacity to do that, but they are each hugely appreciated! Cindy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy , you are beautiful no matter what!! We are praying so hard that this will be successful and you will be completely healed!!Holding you close in prayer !! Love ~Steve Pat , and Ethan Sandbulte

Anonymous said...

Your trust in the Lord is inspiring. Keep resting. Praying that God will continue to grant relief.

Anonymous said...

Cindy and Kyle, just wanted to let you know we love the updates! Whether they are up or down days you are inspiring. We continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers! We are thankful your here and we know God has used you to reach out and strengthen many spiritual lives! The following is from the devotional Calm my anxious Heart (I think we did this together) pg. 153...Isaiah 41:10 declares, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." We can only trust God when our focus is on Him and not on our circumstances. Psalm 141:8 encourages us to fix our eyes on our Sovereign Lord and take refuge in Him. Psalm 112:7 says, "He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord." Only as our hearts are fixed on our Sovereign, loving Lord can we be at peace in the midst of what ifs. How wonderful it is to be assured that as we choose to fix our hearts on God, He, at the same time, upholds them!
May we all be reminded that he is in control and the peace knowing our lives are not in our hands, but His!! May you continue to improve daily. Deb

Marlene B said...

Cindy,
We continue to lift you up in prayer. I so hope that this surgery will be "the one" that finally gives you relief. I know it is too early to know yet but we pray that each day will be better than the previous one. Love - Marlene & Larry

Anonymous said...

Dear Kyle & Cindy,
I am actually almost without words after reading your last update and seeing your pictures,our outward appearance is not important in a time like this but what is in the heart is of GREAT importance! You both are probably at the lowest you have been in your whole live's and yet you can testify of God's grace and nearness in your heart's,what a blessing you are too us!
What is our only comfort in life and in death? That we belong in life and in death to our faithful Savior Jesus Christ........... !
We pray that soon you will be feeling better and able to return home again to your family!

All our love,
Uncle Al & Aunt ALice & family

JillVanBaren said...

Praying for you always Cindy!
Psalm 22:24 "For he has not despised or disdained the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help."
Jill

Carey said...

Now that's sexy, girlfriend! =)

I'm catching up with your blog. Been out of town and busy getting ready to leave for Ethiopia (a week from Friday!!).

Been prayin' for you tho. Praying too, that you have a good trip home. Love ya!