Monday, March 9, 2009

Time passing

A week from today at this time I will be done with my surgery, Lord willing. We are really praying that it will successfully give me relief. Tara is the only one so far with the influenza a and she is improving. No fever since yesterday.

I had my pre-op and assuming the labs come through ok I am ready for surgery. Tanner also came today to the doctor and needs to have an infected ingrown toenail removed Friday. He is a little nervous about that but it really needs to be done. Seems that our family is spending a little too much time with medical issues just lately! :)

As I think about my illness I have to specifically say that I am so thankful for my husband. He is basically a single dad right now, taking care of all things big and small with the kids, plus taking care of me. Taking care of me hasn't been easy with repeated surgeries, medical tests, and my inability to function beyond survival most of the time. Physically it is exhausting and mentally very difficult. He really struggles seeing me in pain, especially during difficult testing and surgeries. I am so incredibly thankful for his love and devotion to me during this journey that seems to have no end. When you make your marriage vows and commit to "in sickness and in health" you really don't know what you are committing to until something like this happens. I am so blessed to have a husband so deeply committed to me and our family. Please continue praying for Kyle and the kids. This has been an arduous journey for them.

No comments: