Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sabbath

What a blessing the Sabbath day is. I long to be able to attend church again and am really hoping that by next Sunday I will be able to go at least once. I listen to sermons at home but it just isn't the same.

Kyle took me to Walmart again on Saturday and wheeled me around in a wheelchair. It is so nice to get out! I am walking once or twice a day around the house or a house or two down the street and back, which is wonderful in the nice weather. I love spring, seeing things beginning to spring to life again.

For those that are interested in the disease that I have, I am including a link. It is has multiple names but most commonly called Pseudotumor Cerebri or Intracranial Hypertension. http://www.ihrfoundation.org/

We continue to debate about what to do with my hair. I have had a few suggestions--thank you! :) I am pretty sure I will either cut it to the length of the right side recent surgery or shave it to the length of the most recent. The negative about leaving it the way it is is that it looks funny. I have about a 1 inch stripe down the middle of my head between where the hair was shaved on both sides. My mom keeps looking at it and trying to figure out what is best. We will wait until the swelling and bruising is gone from this most recent surgery and that will allow the hair there to come in a little more. The hair has become a very small issue to me compared to everything else and I think the kids are getting pretty used to it looking this way--they don't even say anything about it anymore and don't care what I do. But, I will need to do something. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Glad to hear you are feeling better! Hopefully every day continues to get better and better for you. We hope to come for lunch soon!
Take Care~
Joyce