Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wednesday evening

This is Cindy writing again.  Today has been the best day that I have had for quite a while.  The pain and nausea aren't as strong today, though, which is a blessing.

The surgery this time was much more painful upon waking than I anticipated.  I'm not really sure why, but between strong pain and nausea we've struggled to control, I have really struggled this time.  We've had so many encouragement along the way, though.  Thank you for the comments--which Kyle has read to me up until now--and the calls and texts and emails.  We have been encouraged in other ways as well.  The Christian community has been such a blessing to us!  It is overwhelming!

By the way, I do have a bald head again.  The doctor told me that a little more than half of my hair would be shaved--all of the front and most of the right side so I requested they take off the rest.  Hair is just not so important to me anymore, but it can be startling to someone seeing me at first, particularly right now with stitches all over my head!

My neurosurgeon stopped in this evening.  He will let us know tomorrow morning of the venous stent is a possibility for me.  That would be so wonderful!  We will know more on Saturday regarding the infection and what the long range plan is.  Probably the biggest question will be whether I should stay in Maryland until the next surgery or if I could come home and then fly back here again for the next surgery.  I suspect Kyle will fly back home on Tuesday regardless of what we decide that I need to do.  Please keep us in prayer as we make these big decisions.

The Lord has been faithful.  This hasn't been easy and I have had some pretty deep periods of discouragement but we continue moving forward and trusting that God is in control of all things!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kyle and Cindy,

I want you to know that we are continuing to pray for you in class daily. I am doing my best to keep an eye on Riley to make sure he is doing okay. He did a great job on his test today!

I will pray that it will be possible to do the stent, and that it will be helpful.

Have a good and restful evening,
Kristi Vander Kooi

Anonymous said...

Dear Kyle & Cindy,
Praying for you and the doctors. May they be given answers from above. May their minds be lead by His faithful hands. Praying for your children at home. Keep your eyes looking above and peace, strength and comfort to you.
Jim & Marj

Anonymous said...

Good to see you post again Cindy! Happy to hear you had a better day. You are so right about hair. It is only hair and it will grow back. It is minor in the scope of things. Praying that you will be a candidate for the stent. I am sure that whatever you decide on, staying in MD or coming home, you will make the right decision. Keeping you and your family in our prayers.

Take care~

Joyce

Anonymous said...

Dear Kyle, Cindy and Family,
Prayers for all of you !! Hair or not you are BEAUTIFUL Cindy!!!!! Thinking of you often and pray for strength and grace!!! I am confident that the right answer is coming your way and you will soon be back at home with your family!!
Pat Sandbulte