Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday

The Lord's day once again.  We stayed in our room today and listened to a sermon online.  My pain continues to grow so it is good that something will be done tomorrow.  I don't think that I would be able to be home much longer with the pain.

I have to admit that it is very frustrating to me that we finally have gotten my head to a decent level of tolerable headache and now to have abdominal problems.  It seems so minor in comparison to my head issues, and although the pain is pretty strong it is still so much easier to deal with than my headaches.  If only I could have some good months instead of now, after such a short time of a tolerable head, to have to go backwards so far.  I just have a hard time even imagining going back to having the strong, intractable headache.  I would do nearly anything to avoid going back to that.  It is so discouraging to think that tomorrow I may have to give up having a clear head just to relieve abdominal pain when I would choose the abdominal pain any day over the headache.  I just shake my head thinking about it and then decide to put it out of my mind to deal with when we get there.

We had a visitor last night and another today.  Both couples brought a meal, which was so nice!  Last night Harry & Dori ate with us and encouraged us.  This afternoon Austin and Bethany spent time here and were also an encouragement.  They left food for a meal and a few extras for breakfast.  So nice to know a few people here!

We have not talked much about what is coming tomorrow, although we have a lot of questions to ask before we proceed. I am pretty sure we will proceed with some type of surgery because the abdominal pain is becoming to strong to live with much longer.  Hopefully Kyle will update the blog tomorrow night with the direction we chose and the results of the surgery.  We covet your prayers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are in Baltimore! Also happy to hear you had some visitors and some food brought in. That helps pass time and breaks up your day. Pray for the right answers to come to you and that surgery goes well.

Thanks for the updates....

Love,

Joyce

Carey said...

All I can say is "wow." to go through all that again with all those unknowns and all the pain. Praying for wisdom and that you can rest in the knowledge that God is in control!

Anonymous said...

We are praying so much for your day today! May God provide the answers. Love you guys.

Mary and Lyle

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you.
Love,
Vinny and Twila

Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for you and your family.
Steve & Esther & girls