Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunday

I am sorry I am so slow to update my blog.  I really should have asked someone to update it but I didn't think of it.

The surgery went well.  We are thankful that it is done and that now I will be able to move forward.  The shunt tubing was internalized and replaced from the anti-siphoning device down.  The only bad news in the deal is that there are some adhesions developing again which they left alone since nothing is happening with them right now.

I had more pain yesterday and am still moving slowly today.  I tried sitting up in a chair this morning but became nauseated very quickly so I have been down the rest of the day besides bathroom breaks.  I'm not getting up completely on my own yet, but anticipate tomorrow will be much better.  I have four small incisions on my abdomen and they opened the same incision by my collarbone as well.  Today has been a day of laying and sleeping away most of the day.  Kyle and the kids just came here so I had him give me the computer so I could update. 

Thank you for continued prayers and notes of support.  I am so eager to get home, so if the cultures come back negative after this test, which I anticipate, it still sounds like Tuesday or maybe even Monday I will come home.  It feels so good to see and end in sight!  I won't push it faster than I should but I really think this recovery shouldn't be bad at all after this first day after surgery is past.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear surgery went well~ hopefully you will feel much better tomorrow!

Prayers are with you and your family...

Love,

Joyce