Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sabbath day continued

I am picking up this evening so I thought I would write just a couple minutes again just because I can!  Today was a rougher day with quite a bit of pain.  Finallly tonight I was able to get myself up without help which feels like an accomplishment.  I decided to try sitting in the chair again and this time went considerably better than this morning.  :)  My mistake was that while enjoying being out of bed so much I stayed in my chair for to long and let the pain grow to much, so I couldn't get out of it again.  So I called for pain meds and I am starting to feel better so I will type for a couple minutes and then get ready to call it a night.

My primary reason for wanting to write is that I wanted to share a scripture that a dear lady shared with me this last week. So, since the pain meds have kicked in I was able to pick up the computer and sharing this today seemed especially appropriate.

Habakkuk 3:17-19
Though the fig tree may not blossom,
Nor the fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may mail,
And the fields yield no food;
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
And there be no herd in the stalls

Yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will joy in the God of my salvation.

The Lord God is my strength;
He will make my feet like deer's feet,
And He will make me walk on my high hills.

This is such a comfort to me as my health situation has been so complex and difficult and pain dogs my path.  But I will still rejoice in the God of my salvation!  This life seems to stretch out, long and difficult.  Yet this life is fleeting and my salvation is forever!  I can endure these pain filled days knowing that God is my right hand and has each step ordered for me.  And on a lighter note, having "deer's feet" today as I at times couldn't lift my feet for pain sounds delightful!  :)

Have a blessed Sabbath rest!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy, I am so thankful you are feeling better. You have been in our prayers constantly. I read these verses this morning.When you pass through the waters, I will be with you and when you pass through the rivers they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, Your Savior. Is. 43:2&3a. Great comfort and great assurance. Bernice

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy!

Any word on whether or not you are coming home today?

Mary

Anonymous said...

Hello Cindy,
I remember those verses from when we studied the book Calm MY Anxious Heart - they were one of the passages we memorized. (That seems like ages ago, now, doesn't it?!) Such powerful words! You have really had to live them, haven't you?
You are in our thoughts and prayers - hoping to see you at home soon!
Love,
Twila