Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday

I finally turned the corner!  I am not doing jumping jacks or anything quite so fun, but today is the first day that I haven't, at this point, needed pain medication or the anti-nausea medication!  Wow!  That is an encouraging step!

We went to the movie and it went very well!  What at nice thing just to do a fun couples thing with friends.  It was really a treat!  I was pretty exhausted last night but honestly handled it better than I prepared for.  :)  I must have needed the rest, though, because I slept until 9:00 this morning and that isn't normal for me at all.  The bad part was that Tara was being picked up for tutoring by 9:30 so we had to scramble to get her out the door since "hurry" isn't in her vocabulary.  Kyle is having an extra special day today, too, by going ice fishing with my dad and a couple other guys.  He left at 4:30 this morning and I didn't even hear him go.

As someone said, the Lord really has blessed me with a desire to keep going, moving forward and doing as much as I can.  I can't take the credit for that at all but I am thankful.  Having four kids needing me and wanting me involved in their lives is a pretty big motivation.  Today I tackled making raspberry muffins.  For some reason, I have been wanting to make them all week but knew that it was going to be to  much.  It took all afternoon, but the are in the oven and I am going to go lay down!  God is good!

1 comment:

Carey said...

A movie and then muffins? Yeah!