Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thursday

I am still struggling with pain.  Usually I try to be off of pain meds by now but I just can't get there quite yet.  That is a little frustrating to me as well as finding that I am not coming out of this as quickly as I thought I might.  So each day is an exercise in patience knowing that I will get there but just not on my timetable.  I have five incisions, four of them on my abdomen but they are all small--maybe around an inch each--which makes it seem like this should be a little easier recovery.  The odd thing is that often the pain is in my lower abdomen and not on one of the incisions.  Perhaps they did a little tugging around or something that is bothering me.

I am still taking short  naps in the morning so I must still need a little extra.  Nausea has continued to be a problem as well, but I have medication for that when it starts to bother me more.

Last night I was treated to a bunch of "heart" cards from Unity students expressing their concern and offering words of comfort and prayer.  I have been so blessed by so many people that it is overwhelming to think about!  What an encouragement it continues to be to know that people continue to care!

No comments: