Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday

I am  totally losing track of time and had to work to remember what day it is today!

We went to the neurosurgeons office at 8:00 this morning and waited because we didn't hear anything last night.  At about 10:00 they worked us in and then ordered an abdominal x-ray and blood work.  We don't have any more answers at this point.  After the tests were done, we went back to the doctor but he had already left.  We talked to the P.A. and she told us that he would look at the results of the tests and call us this weekend with the decision.  She also told us that surgery is tentatively scheduled for Monday afternoon--I think she said 1:30 or 2:30.  She wasn't able to tell us more than that.

I slept well last night for the most part.  This morning I struggled getting ready because the pain was pretty strong just walking the 10 steps into the bathroom.  After a little bit it settled down, though, and has been much more tolerable.  The only bad thing is that I would prefer for the doctor to see me when it is really bad rather than when I am doing a little better.  Oh, well.  He was nice and willing to work with me again, which is such a relief.  I shouldn't, but I always worry about seeing a doctor.

So the Lord's timing was perfect.  We got out of town just before no travel was advised and we got here just when the pain became stronger.  Now we wait to see what happens next.

No comments: