Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday

I am feeling better today!  I have needed some pain medication, but things are going significantly better.  The best part?  A shower!  What a wonderful thing it is to be allowed to take a shower.  Although the ns didn't come in today, the charge nurse was willing to make the call to allow it so I am feeling like a new woman!  :)

It is looking like tomorrow is going to be the big day for me to come home.  There isn't any reason to believe that it would be extended beyond tomorrow unless some cultures would come back positive.  The infectious disease doctor stopped by this morning and hadn't seen the results of the new cultures, but it seems likely they should be fine.  Unless something changes--which can happen I know very well--tomorrow should be the day!

I don't remember if I wrote about this, but my left hand has been quite tender and swollen.  I had two iv's blow in that hand with one of them pumping antibiotics at the time.  Today I am finally seeing the swelling decrease and, although tender, not as much as it had been.  I'm not sure if it was Tuesday or Wednesday that this happened.  Minor in all that is happening, it has been an irritant that is improving, for which I am thankful.

No comments: