Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Thank you!

I appreciate your prayers today. The class went well. Of course, by the time it was done I was "done" too, but it is taken care of for another year.

Today I talked to my neurosurgeon as well. About the only thing that he said about my ct scan is that my ventricles are very, very small. We knew that and he knew that but he continues to emphasize this because that is the primary reason that the shunts don't function as well as they would on another person. Otherwise, there wasn't anything concerning. I expected that b/c they have always been normal with the exception of the very first revision surgery the day after the first shunt was placed.

He is starting me on a drug that I haven't tried before that might help reduce the amount of spinal fluid. However, I am not expecting much because typically it is prescribed with another drug I can't tolerate. He previously told me that he didn't think that this drug would be effective, but I guess it is worth a try.

No comments: