Monday, April 6, 2009

Church & Three Weeks

I made it to church last night and what a blessing! I think I cried through nearly half of it. We started with a song service and sang "Great is thy Faithfulness" and "What a Friend we have in Jesus" and then to top it off my favorite "When Peace Like a River". I hadn't thought of the emotions of going until we started singing and then I couldn't shut off the faucet. :) Until the privilege of worshipping together is taken away I think you often don't realize what a privilege it is. Enjoy and appreciate the privilege!

By the time the service was done I was pretty tired, but it was very well worth the tiredness. Tuesday night Tanner is in a musical and I hope to attend that as well.

Today it has been 3 weeks since my most recent surgery. This is a time of concern because I did really well for about 3-4 weeks after my first shunt was placed before I started going downhill. Please continue to pray that I continue to improve and not have a recurrence. Thanks! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Still praying daily for your continued healing. Glad to hear that you got out of the house and were able to enjoy a worship service. You are right, we do take those things for granted!
Take Care~
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a great day! Encouraging to hear that you were able to attend church. I have had several services that touched me so much I cried more than I didn't. I think that's when we know that God is speaking a louder to us! Sometimes I feel like I am the only one in the church! What an amazing feeling! Hope each day gets better!

Michele

Emily said...

Cindy-
It was so good to see you in church with you family on Sunday night! I was so excited! :) I'm praying for you all the time! Hope to see you there again!!!
Emily DV