Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Musical and 2 more weeks. . .

I think I turned another corner yesterday in the right direction. I have been able to reduce my pain meds quite a bit and am feeling better! I still have a long ways to go, but each little improvement seems like such a milestone!

Yesterday I was able to go to Tanner's musical and it was awesome. I was so proud of him and all the kids and so very, very thankful that I was able to attend. I will admit that it was exhausting and I'm not moving much this morning, but that's ok.

I am feeling very hopeful that this most recently surgery will "work." However, the next 2 weeks seem critical to me. The first shunt I felt very good but started getting a glimmer of a headache at about 3-4 weeks post surgery. I was three weeks post surgery on Monday and am still doing well and feeling that if I can get another 2 weeks of feeling good behind me that it is more likely that this will be a longer-lasting fix. The doctor said I really needed to get 4-6 months to feel that I was going to be relieved indefinitely so I know that I won't be out of the woods yet in two weeks. I will have more confidence in it, though, and will feel a little more hopeful about making plans beyond the day I am in.

The ringing in my ears and occasional abdominal pain continue to bother me.

5 comments:

Mary and Lyle said...

Oh, Cindy, I kept praying that you'd get to go to the musical. Erin went last night and I asked her if she saw you and she said she didn't. I was still hopeful you were there, but she just didn't see you. I'm so glad you could go! That is such good news. I'm sure you enjoyed it immensely and that you were so thankful to be there. I'm also so glad you could go to church again. I keep thinking about that. I am praying that this good news continues!! I know that the ringing in your ears and the abdominal pain bother you, but I know you'll be able to handle that if the headaches stay away. Thinking of you daily.

Mary

Anonymous said...

Cindy...

I saw you at the musical last night, from a distance, and it looked like you were enjoying yourself. The kids did an absolute wonderful job. Cambree talks about your kids all the time and how they are friends...she remembers them very well from Jer and Tami's wedding. She said to me after it was over, "mom, I wish I could say HI to Tanner." I am glad to hear that you are doing better. Just remember, you are in God's hands and he will always take care of you! Isn't that a great promise? :)

Kristin De Jong

Anonymous said...

thankfully amazed that things are moving in the right direction. the simple joy of attending a musical...doesn't get any better than that! praying for continued relief, sustainment, and many more simple joys to come your way!

through Him, who loves us so much.

Miriam said...

It was AWESOME to see you and enjoy the musical with you--Tanner did SUCH a fantastic job!!!! All the kids did!

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
I am so tickled for you that you were able to go to Tanner's musical and actually enjoy it! We are still praying that you continue to stay head-ache free and regain your strength so you will finally feel "normal" again. Looking forward to seeing you in the office soon!
Joyce