Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sabbath

I have not been updating much lately and I am sorry. Admitting that the headaches are back on the blog has made me think about things more then I like.

The headaches still are definitely tolerable and I can live this way if they don't increase. They have grown but very slowly--much more slowly then they have in the past. Sound is starting to bother me a little more, but I can still go to church and do things. I feel like I am trying to get everything in that I can just in case. . . . and I have been able to do several things.

The "biggest" thing that I have done is had one of my sisters take me shopping last night. That was my first time in a clothing store for a very long time. The first store didn't have a wheel chair, so I moved around a couple sections while she found a few things for me and the second place did have a wheelchair so we zipped around for a few minutes. Since I haven't really regained the weight I have needed to get a few things that fit--my things fall off when buttoned. :) I haven't tried anything on yet, but hopefully a few things will work. I will admit that I was miserable coming home and didn't move the rest of the night but it was still a nice accomplishment. I have been getting into the office most days for a couple hours and feel totally overwhelmed! I've also made it to the kids events, which have slowed but are enjoyable.

I continue to research and have found another possibility of a doctor that appears to spend more time on the disease that I have been treating for. The negative is that he is 14 hours away and I don't think I can get that far yet, but I hope to call to see what I can find out about them. I also found another drug that I am going to pursue that may be a better alternative. The one that I started this past week doesn't seem to be helping and it should be a fast acting drug.

The Sabbath has been a blessing to us and I hope it is for you as well.

1 comment:

Carey said...

Hey Cindy! Sorry I haven't commented in a while. Thanks so much for your comment the other day!

Praying for you. That a permanent, complete solution will be found SOON.

Praying too, that as you try to "get everything in" you can enjoy the "quiet" moments with your little ones and your Lord. Blessings!