Monday, May 4, 2009

x-ray

I had the xray done today. My very untrained eye leads me to believe that the most recent shunt tubing is not bothering me because it went down to the incision and then sharply veered to the right. However, the first shunt tubing used to loop down into the pelvic area and then about halfway back up my abdomen. Now it looked like it is mostly coiled down in my lower abdomen/pelvic area right where I am having the pain. So I think I can see what is causing the problem but I am far from a doctor so we will see what he has to say when he sees the results. We will be mailing it tomorrow.

It seems like the headache continues to bother me just a little more. We continue to live day by day. The Lord's grace continues to be sufficient each day and that is all we can ask for.

Kylie and Kyle were sick again today and Riley dropped tonight. Tara was complaining a bit when she went to bed. They went to the doc today while I had my xray and they don't have the swine flu. :) It is a nasty virus, though, so you might not want to visit our house right now!

2 comments:

Mary and Lyle said...

Hey Cindy!

Sorry that you are struggling with so much sickness at your house! I bet it is hard to take care of everyone else when you are not feeling the best yourself. I will be interested to know what the neurosurgeon has to say about the x-ray. I hope that your "untrained eye" is seeing it right because then something can probably be done to correct the situation and eleviate the pain in your abbdoman. Levi says a prayer for you every day at mealtimes!

Mary

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Praying for health for your whole family! Hoping they can figure out how to fix the tubing problem without too much of a surgery or procedure. Also praying your headaches will get better instead of worse. Hopefully you can avoid this respitory virus!
Take Care~
Joyce