Thursday, May 28, 2009

A few details

I am officially preregistered, although that is becoming a bit laughable as well. When the nurse pulls up my file they see how many times I have been in and really find they don't have to ask me much and there isn't much new to tell me since I have been through the routine a few times.

The surgery is scheduled to last an hour. I will be in recovery for about an hour and then in a room for a few hours until I am doing well enough to depart. I told the nurse that I hoped to skip out of the hospital but she thought that might be a little optimistic :) although she agreed that this surgery should not be as major as my last several. I have to smile at what my neurosurgeon might think about having to do an abdominal surgery. No big deal? A step down since he is used to dealing with the brain? A change of pace? Doesn't matter really, but little things tickle me sometimes.

No comments: