Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday

"Be still and know that I am God." I have decided that I really need to focus on this and remember that although I don't understand why I am going through this that God does. Not an easy thing, by a long stretch. Sometimes I am depressed, sometimes angry, and sometimes I can accept it. I really do long for an end to it all, though.

The surgery is scheduled for June 1 in Milwaukee at 11:30. I am having my pre-op appointment tomorrow so if there are any cancellations they will call me and I will have it done earlier. I won't actually be awake--which is a relief to me after I have had time to think about it. I won't go under general anesthesia--for which I am thankful--but they will make me drowsy and forgetful. It sounds to me like Versed (sp?) which is a drug that I appreciate. I spoke with the nurse from Rock Valley today and they were not able to get a local neurosurgeon to do the surgery for me. I have to many problems so not too many want to touch me with a 10 foot pole.

My lower abdomen has gone into rebellion. I am having more pain in my stomach the last four days then I have ever had--and it is pretty constant. If I had to choose between head pain and stomach pain, though, it would be hands down stomach. It can hurt like crazy sometimes but my mind still works. The headaches are still bothersome but don't seem to be progressing much. I started the new drug Friday night and I hardly dare hope that it is holding them in check. It isn't gone but just not progressing. I will continue living and dealing with it one day at a time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

always praying for you!

Mary and Lyle said...

I'm so sorry about all the abdominal pain you are having! I am glad you have surgery scheduled and it's probably best that it be in Milwaukee. I am also thankful that the headaches are intensifying lately. That is something to be thankful for! Hope your day is a good one Cindy. Praying!

Mary

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
I am grateful for quite a few things! I am grateful you do not have side effects from your new meds. I am also grateful that your headaches are tolerable. Lastly, I am grateful that you are have your abdominal surgery scheduled and that it is in Milwaukee with the NS that did your original surgeries. Now we need to hope and pray that you will be able to get in for surgery even sooner since your abdominal pain is getting worse.
Always praying....
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Dearest Cindy,Kyle, & fam,
My heart aches for what you are & have been going through! You are a wonderful testimony to God's grace in your life becuz how else would you get through your day!! God's ways are way beyond us; they're are just no answers sometimes,but we continue to trust and lean on Him. He knows our helplessness & feels our pain. May He wrap His arms around you & shelter you in the storms of life.
I pray that this next surgery will go well & you will be relieved of this present affliction!! Much love, Aunt Carol