Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wednesday

I had my pre-op appointment and I think I passed. So much repetition since I have done this over and over again, but the clinic is so kind and gracious in taking care of me again and again. I've decided that medical clinics, hospitals, doctors and neurosurgeons should have something like frequent flier programs--I would certainly have earned a lot of points! But I'm not sure what the points should earn--illness seems to take the joy out of a lot of things that would normally be considered fun and enjoyable. Oh, well. Hopefully I will get off the "frequent patient" list in RV and Milwaukee and become the normal person that goes in for a sore throat every couple years. Not likely, but it really sounds nice!

My headache continues to be bothersome particularly to noise, but I can still think and handle the smaller everyday noises. Could it be that this new drug is helping? I dare not hope to much but it seems to be a slight possibility. My stomach issue seems ridiculous compared to my head but still causing me significant problems. My walking down the street is done. There are times I can move better and times it hurts to breath because it makes my stomach move. What a silly problem in the scope of what I've been dealing with, but very real all the same.

I really don't remember what normal life used to be like--running around with the kids, doing errands, cleaning, gardening, riding bike with the kids, playing games outside with them. I don't think they remember what it is like to have a normal mom either. I think of the Israelites wandering in the desert for 40 years and I think my 3 years of wandering through my personal desert. 40 years is a long time! Three years have seemed like a lifetime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
I also pray for normalcy in your life! Hopefully this next surgery will greatly improve how your body responds. I am glad to hear this new medicine seems to be working. Keep your spirits up and your optomism going!
Still praying...
Joyce