Monday, August 1, 2011

Monday

It looks like a beautiful day outside, although everyone says that it is miserably hot.   I enjoy seeing the sunshine!

I debated about sending the computer home yesterday because I really didn't want to be writing discouraging things and have my own little pity party.  He convinced me to keep it,though, and I really appreciate the notes people have written.  For whatever reason, I can write on this and receive email but my email isn't sending.  So I won't be able to respond to email unless I figure out why things aren't working right.

Yesterday I was blessed to have the Kramers come to visit, Kyle and the kids and then Karleen came for quite a while in the evening.  It turned out to be a pleasant day.

The incision on my abdomen is covered but I saw it for the first time yesterday and it is fairly long.  It starts in my low abdomen and comes up and around my belly button.  I would ballpark that it is about 6 inches long.  Today I tried to hold off of taking one of the two pain medications.  One I get every 8 hours and the second by pain button.  I had hoped not to take the 8 hour med this morning, but finally broke down a short time ago.  The pain is still just too intense to skip it yet.  I am on a clear liquid diet so I am getting to try a variety of jello flavors.

I don't know yet when I will be released from the hospital.  I am trying to find contentment in where I am and that means finding contentment in a hospital room.  I am working on that!  I am sad that Melanie and family arrived from New Jersey and I am in the hospital.  Two years ago I was in their full stay here so I am hoping this time I can be released before they go home.  My activity is going to be quite limited for quite a while, regardless of where I reside and I know that they will all have fun, particularly the kids so hopefully this won't affect them so much.

I am hoping that when I read this post later it will all make sense.  I'm not always sure I am completely logical when I have a lot of pain medication in my system!  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

You are in my thoughts and prayers EVERY day. I am hoping you can stay on top of the pain and get stronger every day. Courtney and I plan to go out for supper and come see you some night this week. I pray this is the last of your hospital stays for a very long time!!!!

See you soon...

Love,
Joyce