Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sabbath

I am sitting here on my hospital bed resting after a "busy" morning.  This morning I was able to get out of bed without help for the first time since surgery.  I brushed my teeth and washed up a bit and that pretty much wiped me out.  I have made progress, though, although I have to write it down to remember.  Saturday, my first day after surgery, I had the catheter removed, ng tube removed and was taken off of oxygetn.  Today I am starting with clear liquid and just trying to feel better.  My abdomen is still pretty tender and I am taking faily substantial pain meds all the time yet so I have a ways to go there. 

I am sad to be here, but relieved that I am bouncing back.  I  missed Tara's birthday party.  Ironically I planned it for almost exactly the same time that I ended up have surgery.  Kylie and Lisa continued on with the party for me, which I am very grateful for.  But sad.  Missed again.  Kyle and the kids visited me for a while yesterday and then headed to the local county fair.  So glad for them to keep their mind off of it all, but sad for me.  This is just not getting any easier.  You would think that I would be used to all this by now! 

I think others are used to it by now.  Not so unusual for me not to be around, not be in church, not being with my kids, Kyle taking care of all the details that a  mom should be doing.  Sometimes it feels like I just fell off of the face of the earth and because I've been out so much, I've just disappeared this time and no one has noticed. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy,
I am so sorry that you are back in the hospital. I can see why you feel very alone. We have been praying for you though and you are missed whenever you are in the hospital or confined to your home. You really are. We do miss you and hope you will soon be "back" with your family.
"Chin up" old girl - keep focused on your progress and on getting stronger again.
You are in our thoughts and prayers,
Twila and family

Carmen said...

Cindy,
You are not forgotten and remain in our prayers as you have been going through yet another bump in the road. It's hard to see the good in these tough times, but we know God is holding you and carrying you through this. I heard this song this week and I wanted to share it with you. It is called "Arms That Hold the Universe" by 33 Miles:

"I know it seems like this could be
The darkest day you've known
But believe you me
The God of strength will never let you go
He will overcome, I know

And the arms that hold the universe
Are holding you tonight
You can rest inside
It's gonna be alright

And the voice that calmed the raging sea
Is calling you His child
So be still and know He's in control
He will never let you go

Through many dangers, toils and snares
You have already come
His grace has brought you safe this far
His grace will lead you home

And the arms that hold the universe
Are holding you tonight
You can rest inside
It's gonna be alright

And the voice that calmed the raging sea
Is calling you His child
So be still and know He's in control
He will never let you go

You can hope, you can rise, you can stand
He's still got the whole world in His hands
You can hope, you can rise, you can stand
He's still got the whole world
The whole world in His hands

And the arms that hold the universe
Are holding you tonight
You can rest inside
It's gonna be alright

And the voice that calmed the raging sea
Is calling you His child
So be still and know He's in control
He will never let you go
He will never let you go

He's still got the whole world in His hands
Still got the whole world in His hands"

Praying that God continues to strengthen, comfort, and uphold you in the coming week!

Dawn said...

((Hugs))

dejongs said...

Cindy,
So sorry to hear the news of the surgery and you being back in the hospital. We will be praying for you. You are not forgotten we stand on His promise that He will never leave us or forsake us. We will claim this for you.
In Him,
Sheila De Jong