Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday

I continue to make progress.  It may be baby steps, but it comforting to go in the right direction again.  It is a quiet day today with Riley and Tara at Karleen's house and Tanner working during the day.  I kept Kylie busy, though, and had her make spaghetti sauce out of our accumulating tomato stash.  She did a great job and now there are a few meals in the freezer.  She wasn't so impressed with the feel of pealing tomatoes--too slimy.  Oh, well.  She has grown up so much and been a great help to me.  It is so hard to believe that we will have two kids in high school in a couple weeks!

This setback has been particularly difficult for one of my kids.  It is hard to see mom very sick over and over and there is a great fear of losing me.  Although my health problems have been difficult for me I think in ways my family has suffered more than I have.  The "worst" thing that can happen is my death but that is actually a great comfort to me and a joy to consider where for my family it would be a loss of mom and wife.  I am on the mend now, but this setback has brought forward a lot of the memories of some tough times that weren't more then a few months back and more.  I would like to ask that you keep my family in your prayers.

No comments: