Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wednesday

Tomorrow I head to Baltimore for a shunt adjustment at Johns Hopkins.  I am very concerned about it because they plan to adjust it assuming that my pressure is too low, but I suspect my pressure is high.  I fly back Saturday and my appointment is Friday morning so there isn't a lot of time to readjust if it is not done correctly.  Please pray for wisdom for the doctor.  I a thankful that my sister, Karleen is coming along to help.  Kyle can keep things going at home, for which we are both thankul.  He is getting rather sick of going to doctor visits and Karleen is tickled to go. 

I continue calling and asking neurosurgeons and a few neurologists if they would consider taking me on as a patient and working cooperatively with JH.  This is also a very big concern.  I've gotten "no" answers but no "yes" answers yet.  I have expanded my calling to about an 8 hour radius of home. 

Anyone who reads this that live in our area, I have a favor to ask.  Tara has some learning disabilities which require that she be given specialized tutoring in SF three times a week for 6-8 months.  She has to be there (this might change) Tuesday and Thursday at 6:00 and Saturday at 11:00, each time for an hour.  If anyone has a trip planned to SF around those times, we would really appreciate if you would consider taking Tara with you.  She just needs to be dropped off and picked up at those times.  The location is easily accessible near I-229 and Louise.  This has been an overwhelming commitment for us at this point.  Of course, my surgery and Tanner's broken foot have just made it seem that much more difficult to see our way through, but I know that it is something that we need to do for Tara.  Just give us a call if you are interested in helping out anytime. Thanks!

No comments: