Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday

Good news!  Tami heard from the doctor regarding her biopsy and they feel that they found the cancer early.  She will still need to have a hysterectomy but the doctor feels that it is contained there and she doesn't have to do it immediately.  Probably within the next 12-18 months I suppose and they will be watching her closely but it is a relief that it isn't urgently needing to be done next week.  We are so thankful!

I have begun the quest of finding a neurosurgeon that will work cooperatively with Johns Hopkins.  My new tactic has been to cross reference lists that I have run.  One is "area" codman shunt representatives as well as a second list of ns that are part of the hydrocephalus association.  Now, I don't have hydrocephalus but doctors that work with that have more of an expertise in shunts, per my ns in JH.  I had it narrowed down to four doctors within a 5 hour drive.  One has moved and one said no already so I am down to two.  They have asked for records to be sent and then they will decide if they will see me.  Please pray that one of them will say yes!  It would really help if I could drive a few hours for the 5 minute shunt adjustment rather than fly out to Baltimore each time.  I would continue working with JH and they would make the final decisions.  I have a hard time not being skeptical since I have had so many turn downs but I have to try again.

My head has been a worse again today. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy, so glad to hear about Tami! We are really thankful to hear that good news. Also, we will pray that you find a ns around here. Sorry that your head is feeling a little bit worse today:-(

Anonymous said...

by the way, that was Mary:-)