Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday

This has been a harder week and I can now explain why.  My youngest sister, Tami was diagnosed with cervical cancer.  It appears that it was caught early but further testing that will be done this week will tell more.  Please keep her and her family and all of us that love her in your prayers.

I was able to go to church today.  What a blessing!  It maybe was a bit of a stretch but well worth it.  I really miss going to church when I am not able so if I can go I don't miss!  Our sermon this evening was on Isaiah 58: 13-14 and it seems right to quote on the sabbath day.

If you turn back your foot from the Sabbath,
from doing your pleasure on my holy day,
and call the Sabbath a delight and the holy day of the Lord honorable;
if you honor it, not going your own ways,
or seeking your own pleasure, or talking idly;
then you shall take delight in the Lord,
and I will make you ride on the heights of the earth;
I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father,
for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so shocked to hear this! Our family will be praying for Tami and for all of you! I'm glad that it appears they have caught it early! I am happy that you could attend church today Cindy! That is a blessing to be able to do so! To hear the word of God and to worship with other saints is truly a blessing from God. Keeping you all in our prayers!
Mary

Dawn said...

Oh Cindy...praying...