Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tuesday

I feel like I have run a marathon!  So much is going on!  Monday I had the appointment with the surgeon as a follow up.  Overall, things are good.  The incision is healing nicely.  I may have a lopsided belly long term and I may not.  (I told the surgeon that if that was the biggest thing I had to be concerned about I would be tickled!)  Time will tell on that one.  The nausea and internal pain has improved, but is a bit concerning so I have another follow up appointment in a month to see how things are going.  If not much better they will do some tests to see if there are any problems.  I suspect that my body has just been through too much and it isn't healing as easily as the normal person would heal.  I suspect the surgeon felt the same way since we are waiting a month but it is nice that he is being cautious and making sure in a month that things are ok.

Finally at the end of the day I got a call from Johns Hopkins.  I have been assured that I will see the doctor on September 2 but the person scheduling has still not gotten around to contact me for scheduling the time.  My biggest concern is that the plan has been to decrease the flow of fluid a little more this time, but I still think that my pressure may be high and not low.  The scary thing is that I will probably have it adjusted Friday morning and I fly out Saturday morning, so we don't have a lot of time to find out if the adjustment is making things better or worse.  I live way to far away to have to turn around and go back for an adjustment when I get home!  We are praying for the doctor to have wisdom from the Lord to adjust things correctly.

The older kids had a half day of school today.  The younger two start tomorrow.  Between freshman orientation last night and then Tanner getting his school laptop tonight and the younger two having open house, it has been a busy few nights. It will be good to have quiet days now because I think I will be able to pick up a little better with some quiet but it is hard to believe that school and everything that comes with it has started again!

1 comment:

Carey said...

It is weird that the season of school is once again here! Hope it is going well for your kids and you are able to rest a bit more to make up for the busier nights. Praying for God's hand to guide the dr as he adjusts! May you have peace in knowing that He will.