Saturday, February 28, 2009

Refine

Today is another hard day. Tanner & Kylie are in music festival and I would love to go listen to them. March brings in multiple concerts, recitals, musicals, Kylie's birthday, etc. And March isn't looking all that good for me right now.

I thought about a lot of things I have read about and my sister Renae looked up a bunch of things online for me regarding the pseudotumor cerebri (ptc)/chiari. Having both really complicates the treatment of the first. Then I wrote a letter asking about options to my ns. He called me back a little after 5:00 last night. Pretty dedicated. The options that I asked about really don't sound like options except possibly a second shunt. He said that might be a good option, but we run the risk of it becoming blocked just like the one that I have now. My thought is that if I can get two shunts dripping since one won't flow, maybe that will drain enough to take the headache down to tolerable levels.

I need to take the Diamox for a week yet to give it a chance to work. About the only thing that is working is that I am having great difficulty eating so of course I am already dropping a little weight. I've wondered if I just am being mental about it so I looked the drug up online and found that it is a product of a drug that I took many years ago for an infection that landed me up in the er throwing up non-stop. So I guess I am glad I am not throwing up but it makes me think this may not get better. I've not been one to worry about my weight much but I would prefer to not lose more because I would like to gain my strength instead of lose it.

Please pray with us as we determine whether a second shunt is the best option. I am beginning to understand more then I ever have how much the Bible talks about suffering and how the Lord uses that in our lives. He is refining us. But I pray that He will take this away soon. I so long for a life of even limited normalcy.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Cindy,
I haven't commented here before, but wanted to today to let you know that I have been and will keep praying for you.
dawnz

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Prayers that the answer is still there for you. Maybe the 2nd shunt is your answer. It was the answer for the young lady I talked to a while back. She has been headache free since the 2nd shunt with no adjustments needed. That is my prayer for you!
Love,
Joyce