Thursday, February 26, 2009

Riley's birthday

Well, the birthdays have officially begun. Kyle's was Monday and today is Riley's. We get all 6 of our birthdays done between February and July.

I had my ct scan done yesterday afternoon. It went well--that is probably my most preferred test if I have to have one. We overnighted the results to Milwaukee so the doctor will have it today. I know that Monday and Thursdays are his surgery days (scary that I know his schedule every day!) so chances are I won't hear anything today. Omaha said they received the records and maybe I would hear from them Friday afternoon regarding scheduling a visit, otherwise next week. So now we wait and see what direction I end up going. The nurse in Milwaukee said to wait to try to adjust the shunt until he sees the ct results which isn't such a big deal since the only way to adjust it is to drive to Milwaukee at this point.

Is the headache back? Yes, and nearly as strong as it was before the spinal tap. It started strengthening yesterday in the evening. As usual, the hard thing about having a good day is I realize how bad it is when the break is over. But yesterday was very nice.

1 comment:

Kris Kooima said...

Dear Cindy,
We are complete strangers but I am so blessed to have a mutual friend, Mary Van Ravenswaay. I talked to her on Sunday and I could see the sadness in her eyes when she told me things were not going well for you. You couldn't ask for a dearer friend than Mary, who constantly lifts you up in her prayers but then also lets us know your needs and asks us as strangers to also lift you up in our prayers! I don't know you at all but from reading your blog I can feel the love you have your husband and kids and can see how devastating it must be to send the kids away so that your headaches aren't aggravated more! Kyle and your kids are in our thoughts as much as you and we pray that all the medical staff involved in your case may be guided by the Heavenly Fathers hand to find a way to relieve your headaches soon so that you can take up your place as a wife and Mom.
After seeing my Dad suffer from heart attacks, be on kidney dialysis the last 3 years of his life and then finally die of an aneurysm 6 years ago, a verse that is dear to my heart is Psalm 73:26--"My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion forever." Also 2 Corinthians 12:9--"My grace is sufficient for thee, for my strength is made perfect in weakness." When our health problems make us so weak and threaten to overwhelm us we can look to God for his grace and strength to see us through the most difficult trial! May you feel His nearness even through the prayers of strangers!!!
In Him,
Kris and Glenn Kooima
P.S. We hope you can find a way to enjoy Riley's birthday. Happy Birthday Riley!!!