Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Beautiful day!

I am thankful and joyful to say that I am having some relief today! The headache isn't gone but much more tolerable right now. I would love to have this last forever but am hoping that it will go through the rest of the day.

To celebrate, I had Kyle push me around in a wheelchair through Walmart this morning before he went to work. I know--I get pleasure out of small things but it is so good to be out of the house besides hospitals and doctors offices. I hope to go out for lunch today, too.

I am waiting to hear when I will have the ct scan. We were able to get some of my records from Milwaukee faxed yesterday and found that we had all of my records from October and back. They didn't fax all the records from Milwaukee b/c they said there is about 45 pages since October but we are hoping it will be enough for Omaha to make an appointment. We Fed-Ex'ed everything we had yesterday so they will have them today. I hate being a pest but I think I will call again today. If the first step is adjusting the shunt it would be much easier to drive to Omaha for the 30 second procedure then to Milwaukee. If that doesn't work--which I am guessing it won't--I would really like to have surgery within a week. I probably am optimistic in getting things going that fast but it would be nice to just get it done with and hopefully get better this time. And maybe I am being a pessimist by assuming that I will have to have another surgery.

Whatever happens, today will be a good day. I am determined to joyfully embrace the good days. I hope you can, too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
I am so happy for you that you found some relief! I feel like celebrating with you! Praise the Lord for today!
Joyce

Mary and Lyle said...

Cindy,

I am so joyful that you can have such a beautiful day today. Going around Walmart and going out for lunch sound so wonderful after being in the house for DAYS on end. I am so glad that you are determined to fully enjoy today even if the headaches continue to increase after this. That is such a great way to look at things. I am encouraged by your attitude! Maybe you can even sit outside a little in the warm temps today before it gets cold again! I am just so happy for today! I'm thankful to the Lord.

Mary