Monday, February 9, 2009

home

We did get home last night. We were concerned about the ice storm predicted and didn't want to get stuck somewhere. Overall it went well but the last hour or so was not so great. I am pretty tired today and will probably sleep a bit.

The cosmetic issues of my health issues are very low on my priority list. However I thought I would let you know that about a 3" to 4" area was shaved on the front right side of my head again. So not sure if I should just shave my head again or let it grow unevenly. They did shave much less hair this time so I might just let it all grow for a while then even it out. Kylie measures my hair every week and she informed me that it is now about 2.5 centimeters where it isn't shaved. The shunt was moved slightly back and down and from what I can tell and the second incision is maybe a centimeter from the original shunt incision. I probably will see more when the staples are taken out in a week.

My concern at this point is that the shunt will not get blocked again. It sounds like many don't have problems with this but now that I have had two (3 including the one at the end of the original surgery) revisions it is hard not to question how many more I will need. Will there come a point that my brain doesn't collapse on or clog up the tubing or will this be a never ending cycle? Some people do need multiple revisions. I guess I am now a "multiple" but hoping that the multiple number is small and not ever-growing. I am praying that this might be the end, at least for quite a while. I am so tired.

2 comments:

Carey said...

Praying He "leads you beside still waters..." and "restores your soul." Sending hugs and love your way...

Frank Bulk said...

We pray that you rest well, heal quickly, and enjoy some respite from the headaches.

The Bulk famil