Wednesday, November 5, 2008

still optimistic

I am still feeling much better today. After being up for about 1 1/2 hours this morning I started getting sick to my stomach and a "mild" headache so the local doc advised that I stay down for 24 hours in hopes of the puncture from the spinal tap healing. But I am so much better then I have been for quite a while! I feel weak and suspect that it is going to take some time to get on top of things again and the last couple years of drained me of most of my strength. That will come, though. It seems more and more likely that the increased cranial pressure has been the problem.

The Lords timing is good. I got news today that Mayo clinic declined seeing me. They reviewed my records and evidently decided that I was a hopeless case. It seems that they don't want there success ratio's to be affected and since I have been through all the drugs, etc., and had not found relief they weren't going to waste their time. That would have been a blow yesterday because we had decided they would be our next choice to try if the mri's didn't show anything. (We hadn't heard about the spinal tap yet).

I just started the new meds so we will pray that they will effectively control the spinal fluid pressure and perhaps life will gradually be returned to me and my family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

Just want you to know how happy we are to hear that you are doing so much better! Wow! I bet you almost have to pinch yourself (almost)! We hope this all continues in the right direction for you and your family's sake. I've never heard of Mayo Clinic turning away a patient! That is bizarre! This is better anyway. You do not have to be away from your family and things seem to be figured out to a certain extent. I will be anxious to hear how all your blood tests and spinal fluid tests turn out.
We will continue to pray!!
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hello Cindy,

The latest news sounds much more promising! Sure hope that they have solved the problem and that they can help you.Just another reminder how precious each day is when we are blessed with good health and strength!

Love and Prayers,
Uncle Al & Aunt Alice