Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Improved? Maybe. .

I think my attitude has improved a bit even if my health has not. The spinal tap is scheduled for Tuesday around noon. I look forward to having it done and hopefully I will have some time of feeling pretty good again. I dread the actual procedure. It actually isn't all that painful--probably more uncomfortable than anthing. I just have a hard time not thinking about what they are doing to me as I feel them poking around in my spine. I would like to just shut my thoughts off.

I will readily admit that I have guessed wrong before, but it really seems that the pressure must be too high again. I am regularly taking the pain meds (which I don't do unless I have to b/c I seem to develop a tolerance to them quickly), only sleeping if I taking sleeping pills, my neck & shoulder are starting to bother me more and more again and so on. All the same things that I had before the last spinal tap. Maybe they can take out a little more fluid this time and feeling good will last longer? We will see--the other side of that is if there isn't enough fluid it causes another type of headache.

The shunt is sounding like a better option to me now, too. I guess I just had to feel bad enough a little longer before I remembered that about any procedure is fine as long as it takes away the pain.

Thanks for your encouraging words on this blog, by email and for the calls. I can't tell you how much that encourages me. On the days that I am feeling pretty down I enjoy looking at the emails and notes (even if it only says that you are reading the blog!) to remind myself that there are people out there that care and I am not truly alone! Thank you!

3 comments:

Sangelini said...

I Hope everything goes well for you, it breaks my heart to see someone going through so much, but you are such a fighter. Your a strong woman, I think most people wouldn't have the courage and great attitude that you have going through these trials. best of luck, You'll be in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
I pray you find relief as well with the spinal tap. I am sure Tuesday will not come soon enough! I also pray that from this 2nd spinal tap, they will be able to make a decision quickly that will provide you with the relief your poor body needs so desperately!
Still praying daily...
Joyce

Frank Bulk said...

We're keeping you in prayer, Cindy.

The Bulk family