Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wednesday

Well, I saw the infectious disease doctor today.  What they found was actually not infection but a "contaminant" that grew on the culture.  The felt that further treatment for infection was not necessary.  So disheartening.

We came back and I slept for a few hours while my mom spent time at the neurosurgeon office.  Since my abdomen still hurts, they ordered a ct scan tomorrow morning.  Then I am having a spinal tap :( and after that I think my stitches in my head and by my collarbone will come out.  It seems that my head is gradually getting worse.  Today has been the day that I can see that I am declining in that area, which is so discouraging as well.  We'll see what the pressure is tomorrow, though, before speculating further.  I am just not feeling good but perhaps that is due to the pressure.  I don't know.  The thought of yet another surgery to put the shunt back in just sickens me.  But again, I am crossing bridges that I am not up to yet so I will leave it at that.

I am discouraged.  But God is good, all the time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting... makes you wonder why a contaminate grew. Does not explain your stomach pain either. Hope the CT shows something and they can get on with the treatment to make you feel better! Hope the spinal tap goes well and that taking your staples out does not hurt too bad.

Praying.....

Joyce

Anonymous said...

God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for you
He will be your guide
Hold you closely to His side
With love and strength
For each new day
He will make a way
He will make a way

Blessing and Prayers!

Dawn said...

Oh Cindy...(((hugs))). We don't pretend to understand. But God "knows". So sorry.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy,

We are sending hugs and encouragement and prayers from Iowa! I don't understand this at all. It is just so frustrating sometimes. God will make a way, though. I love the song/poem that another person sent you today,. Isn't it true that He makes a way when there seems to be no way. We pray that He will provide all that you need and be with you in your discouragement. I will try to call you tomorrow!

Mary

Anonymous said...

Trusting God doesn't mean you can't be discouraged. We are discouraged, too. We pray that God will direct those doctors in such a way that they are able to help you and make life, well, livable again. We lift you up constantly before the Lord. We are thankful that your mother is there as your advocate. Much love, Terry and Pamela