Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday

Another day is nearly done.  We had such a nice day today visiting with Kyle's sister Melanie & her husband Bob and later with Harry and Dori.  What a blessing to have friends and family around to encourage us!  My parents are gradually making their way here as they make deliveries for their business.  They had hoped to get here tonight but due to a few delays with the tornado weather they won't quite make it.  They have made their last delivery but are going to get here tomorrow morning.

I am doing okay.  The weakness is hard to accept again and I become fatigued so easily.  I took an hour nap after our company left today.  I know that this fatigue is normal but it is discouraging all the same.  Normal, boring, everyday life just looks so appealing.  I look in the mirror at this bald lady with dark circles under her eyes and I sometimes wonder who I am and who I have become.  Can I just wake up from this bad dream?

My head is okay.  I have a headache and it seems like it is very gradually worsening but it is not nearly as bad as I anticipated that it would be.  If I compare now to the point that I had the shunt first installed there is no comparison.  At that time, about 12 hours after a spinal tap I would be in absolute misery.  I had the spinal tap on Tuesday and I am still not miserable.  So the question we have yet is could I live without the shunt?  That would be such a blessing but I think more time will need to pass before we could make that decision.

Our kids are doing well and I miss them so very much.  I am so proud of each of them and am sad to continue missing important little and big things in their lives.  Right now I am really struggling with what to do with staying here.  I know and have no doubt that this is where I really should be for many reasons.  However, Tanner & Kylie have active roles in the musical mid March and it would just kill me to miss that!  Watching it on video would be okay but it just isn't the same as being there and participating in the excitement.   These types of things are what I dislike about my health issues the most.  But, God has a plan, and although I may not like it so much right now or understand it at all I trust that His plan is best for me and my family.  In the discouragement and a few tears, we continue to rest in that truth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good day with family and friends yesterday. I am sure you are anxious to see your parents today. Wouldn't it be a blessing if you could live without the shunt? :) Praying for a clear answer on whether or not you should come home. Still waiting to hear about the infection and treatment you will need? Maybe the answer to that will help you decide.

Praying daily,

Joyce

Anonymous said...

I thought I would write a quick comment just to let you know that you are on my heart and in my thoughts and prayers.

With lots of love,
Karen