Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday

We continue to shed a few tears and talk about what an amazing experience the tip night was Tuesday evening.  We weren't sure how to handle things when we found out that this was planned and advertised before we knew about it.  We have found that it is easier for us being the giver than the receiver but we were so blessed by receiving and I thank everyone for that!

A special thanks to my sister, Tami, for surprising us with this!  Thank you to our families, youth group and youth group sponsors, Hinton folks and many others for working so hard at the Pizza Ranch that night!  Thank you to so many that came--this event broke a record at the local Pizza Ranch for a tip night attendance!  Thanks to those who couldn't come but showed their support anyway.  We thank everyone that has prayed for us, encouraged us, helped with our kids, brought us meals and so many other ways of showing their love and support.  This journey would be so much more difficult without our Christian community surrounding us.

Today I finally talked to the oncologist office at Johns Hopkins.  As I feared, their plan was to do the ultrasound and have an appointment with me but if needed, the surgery wouldn't occur for two weeks or so.  I decided and they concurred that I will have the ultrasound done here and then will send it to them.  They will review the results and determine if surgery is necessary.  If it is, the surgery will be scheduled and I will fly out there to have that done.  The ultrasound will be done mid-April.

No comments: