Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday

I have so much to be thankful for!  Yesterday I thought about what I should write about on this blog, but I was a little overwhelmed and for once :) short on words.  How can I express our thankfulness for the love and care of so very many shown to our family?  I just don't know, and words don't cover it.  Tears have run down my face so many times as I am shown one kindness after another.  Thank you!

Being home is such a blessing and wonderful.  As usual and as expected, it is quite overwhelming again but I have experienced this many times and know that it is just a process and it will get better.  Last night I had the privilege of watching the musical presented by our high school  I can't even express how much it meant to me to be there!  Everyone did such a fabulous job!  What a bunch of talented kids!  They presented the Music Man and Tanner was part of the barbershop quartet and Kylie played her violin since it was all presented with live music.  I am so proud of my kids and of everyone part of that endeavor!  It was impressive!

My plan today is to take it very easy, take a nap this afternoon and try to go again tonight.  Last night went pretty well.  I wore my earplugs during almost all of it, but it was amazingly doable.  A few months ago I wouldn't have been able to tolerate the level of sound and I did last night so that is a great sign.

There are a lot of questions about the shunt and if it will need to go back in.  At this point, our hope and prayer is that I can live without it.  Doing as well as I am right now without the shunt is truly an answer to prayer.  In December when the tubing was externalized my pressure was to high 24 hours later.  Then when it was externalized again in SC they shut it off blindly--meaning I didn't know if it was off or on and within a few hours I didn't feel good  and knew that it was off, which they confirmed.  This time when it was taken out I didn't have that happen.  I don't have a medical explanation for that or that the recent spinal tap a week later was normal.  When I contrast the last few months with the shunt on and off with the period of time when the shunts were put in originally it is amazing.  At that time when the shunts became obstructed I was not functional.  I had a difficult time even being home in my bedroom with the door shut and handling the kids talking in the next room.  What an answer to prayer!

Overall I have a ways to go.  My head isn't perfect but it is tolerable.  I am very weak and physically worn down after having these 5 surgeries in the last 2-3 months.  But I have a great deal to be thankful for and will continue just taking one day at a time and appreciating each good day that I am given.

1 comment:

Kathy Medema said...

Cindy,I am Kathy Vandenacre/Medema your Dad's cousin. My sister Roz just shared your blog with me. You are a brave woman. I am not sure that I could endure those kinds of trials and still be so strong in my faith. I admire yur constant trust in God and praise for what He has provided. And then again, when you do have trials, what else, who else, can you go to when things are so tough. Praying to our Mighty God for u and yr family.
Be encouraged today, Kathy