Sunday, March 18, 2012

Have a blessed Sunday

I made it to the musical all three nights!  In all honesty, the last night was pushing it a little but I made it.  What a joy!  What a hard working, talented group of kids and teachers to pull off that musical and to perform it so well!  Wow!

This morning I was still paying for the activity of the previous evening so I didn't make it to church, but I had the privilege tonight.  Pacing myself is a difficult thing because I want to do everything and my body isn't following along.  Not surprising, but another lesson in patience for me.

On a lighter note, I counted the number of fresh incisions I have right now and there are 8.  Three on my head, one near my collarbone and four small ones on my abdomen.  Pretty pathetic that I had to count them.  My hair is starting to grow in although it is only like 2 or 3 millimeters long.  I have a long ways to go on that! Having hair is one of the things that I have learned is a minor part of life.  Having a bald head does tend to attract some interesting looks, though!  I am wearing a scarf or cap when I am out of the house at this point.  I have learned that there are many things much more important than hair.  My priorities have certainly changed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad you were able to attend the play nights for your children's school play~what a blessing! God is good!!!

Praying for a full recovery....

Joyce