Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wednesday

I have decided that I am often overly optimistic about how I am going to do.  This week has been a reality check again.  Although my head is feeling pretty good my body is just not following along.  For some reason I thought I would just get home and get back at it.  Not happening.  Monday was the worst day where I just felt lousy.  Since, I am feeling better but just not able to do much at all.  I need to remind myself that I just:
1. Had a shunt patecy test
2. Had a four day spinal tap
3. Spent 9 or 10 days (I can't remember) in the hospital
4. Had a surgery
5. Had another spinal tap
6. Had another surgery
7. Flew home
8. Have four children with two that are needy after missing mom for 3 weeks.
9. Went into all of this not doing so well.

So I am overwhelmed and just trying to figure out how to get stronger and deal with normal life again.  It will come.  I've done it before (how many times?). Tami so graciously took my younger two kids today for a while to play with Kayden.  It is always such a struggle at this point wanting to be with the kids and spend time with them and just having a hard time handling it all.  It is always a balancing act that I don't seem to handle so well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are back home again and I caught up on the last few days of your blog. I'm hoping that you just need REST after all you have been through the last three weeks. I'm sure it was WONDERFUL to see Kyle and the kids again, but everything kind of hits you when you get home too! I'm praying for you and hoping that with each new day you will feel a little stronger. God's blessings! I'll call soon!

Mary