Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tuesday

We are in Baltimore!  That feels like a pretty big accomplishment right now.  I am whipped but I laid down for a few hours and now thought I would just jot a note.

The trip was a bit more "exciting" than what I would prefer.  :)  My parents majorly overslept and woke up at the time they had planned to be at our house.  So we pushed but walked onto the plane just in time.  Then in Minneapolis we discovered that dad's phone had fallen into my bag!  To top it off, we had an incident on the automated walkways.  We got to the end of the flat escalator and instead of my wheelchair rolling off, it stayed put!  My mom walked backwards quickly and then stepped off as people started piling up behind us.  A friendly guy quickly took control and pushed my wheelchair off before people started to topple. 

A blessing is that a wonderful person that we know from Redeemer had seen us get on the plane so he waited for us to get off and then helped carry our bags to our connecting gate.  This was a big deal because it was a very long walk!  Thanks Dan!  He also ended up with my dad's cell phone and will be taking it back to him in a couple days.

I am doing okay.  The trip went well besides the few "exciting" events but I was pretty thankful to find a place to lay down for a while when we got to the hotel.  We just had supper in the hotel and they had fantastic fish, which was a treat for both of us. 

My test is scheduled for 1:30 tomorrow.  We are praying that there are conclusive answers after the testing and that I will be on the road to recovery soon!

By the way, I have written about my sister Tami and her need for surgery.  She is improving quickly although she has the restriction on lifting for another 3 weeks yet.  The great news is that the pathology reports came back clear so she will not have to worry about further treatments for cancer.  We are so thankful!

3 comments:

Carey said...

What a wild ride! Praying for you. What great news about Tami!

Dawn said...

Crazy crazy!! Glad you made it safely!! :)

And praise GOD about Tami!!! That's awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it okay. That was an interesting time!! Glad to hear about Tami too!