Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wednesday

I had the shunt patency test done today.  It is relatively painless.  Radioactive fluid is injected into the tube of the shunt in my head right before the pump.  I lost a little hair--they shaved about a square inch of hair off but it isn't all that visible just behind and above my ear.  The test was supposed to take an hour but it ended up taking a good two hours instead.  I'm not sure what that will mean for results.  I was also asked to be part of a research test group as they test a new way of determining the level of fluid flowing through the tubes.  I agreed so they did that as well.  We don't know the results of the shunt patency but we do know that the results of the second test was inconclusive.

I see the neurosurgeon at 9:00 in the morning and hopefully we will know more then.  I continue to pray that the Ultimate Healer will provide answers to the doctors for healing.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hey Cindy,

Hope you get some helpful results tomorrow and that you'll be on your way home soon. Glad the test went well, even if it did take two hours! Glad it wasn't so painful like some of the tests you've had. Thinking of you tonight and saying a prayer for you!

Mary