Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sabbath

My mom and Dori's family have all headed out to church.  I am having a better day today so far, but since the noise level at church is hard to predict and it is sometimes difficult to find a quiet place  I have decided it is best for me to stay put.

Things have gone well since I have been in Maryland.  The headache has been constant and variable but for the most part manageable.  Thankfully I have not needed a shot since I have been here (although my mom is prepared)  I wondered how I would wake up this morning since Sunday seems to be the day that it can be significantly worse, but that hasn't happened today, for which I am thankful.

Tomorrow is the big day.  It has taken me a few days to work through all of this again.  I was prepared for surgery but not mentally prepared for this test and several days in a hospital.  Although this is the best step, I know that it may provide the answer that we need for healing and it may not.  If they determine that the headache is not due to the shunt I fear getting to the end of the opportunities and then trying to find a way to live this way.  It could be a lonely existence.  So I am not letting myself go there, except here on the blog, until I actually find out what I have to face.  The Lord gives me the strength for today and I don't need the strength for tomorrow yet.  He will give me strength for each day in the hospital as well, which I will need.  I so despise hospital stays!

On the positive side, our older two kids called me yesterday.  They decided to do some Christmas baking without me.  I am so glad!  That is something that we have enjoyed doing over the years and it was encouraging to hear about them baking our traditional favorites and having the younger two help with frosting and decorating.  What a blessing to have such great kids!  I am missing more Christmas parties, programs and activities but again am thankful for what I have been able to attend.

Proverbs 3:5-6:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He will make straight your paths.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

That is great news about Tami!! That must be a huge relief. I continue to pray for you and your family during this holiday season.

Laura S.

Anonymous said...

Praying for answers this week. I am really praying that things go well for your spinal tap and the extended stay in the hospital! May God give you His strength. Love ya!

Mary