Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Progress

I am making progress. I able to extend the time b/w pills now and take 1 in the morning to start the day before moving to 2 later. I can also feel that the pain isn't as intense. I went to get groceries w/ Kyle for the first time last night and it was a little too much, but I felt that was quite an accomplishment considering that it is just 2 weeks ago today since my last surgery. It seems that the recovery is going so much better this time, and besides this being a much more minor surgery I also wonder if the difference is that I am not fighting the Intracranial Hypertension on top of it. Who knows, but I am thankful to be where I am and longing for days of normalcy.

The kids are still home from school and having them home has been such a wonderful thing for me. I was quite concerned, wondering how I would handle having the 4 home so soon after surgery, but it has been great. Even though I still have a long way to go, I feel like I have actually been able to be a mom to the kids more then I have for a long time. The Lord's timing is so good!

I have been contemplating the challenges of a chronic illness. It seems strange to call headaches an illness but now I guess I call call it IH &/or Chiari instead of headaches and seem more legitimate. I am praying that the Lord will use this in my life and that of my family to help others that struggle with chronic illnesses, particularly those that are isolated because of it. Isolation has been one of the most difficult things for me to deal with as I have journeyed through this. That being said, we are so thankful for many that have come along side us, praying for us, bringing meals, sending cards/emails and offering support to us in so many other ways. What blessings we have received.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such good news! Thanking our Lord, with you, for the progress felt! We'll continue to ask for more! :)

lace1070 said...

I am keeping u in my prayers for continued healing as each day passes ~ hugs and happy new year ~ Lace